Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fundraising has commenced!

So far, I've raised $270. That's a little over half of the money I need to raise by December 30th. Pretty easy, considering my donations were submitted before I had even asked for any! I think it goes to show what a great program this really is - people have been really supportive!

Today, I wrote 18 letters to family friends and mailed them out. I am excited for people to find out what I am doing and hope that they will be moved to contribute to such a wonderful cause.

The bike model has been posted - and the bike is beautiful! I cannot wait to start training, even though by the time I get my bike, it will likely be the middle of winter... in Wisconsin. I feel lucky that I have one friend on the route with me whom I can train with and some other friends who are cycling enthusiasts. Plus, Madison is such a beautiful city to bike around. I should have no problem finding the motivation to get those 500 miles in.


No comments:

Post a Comment