Sunday, July 11, 2010

I just biked 1,000 miles

Hello from Camden, Michigan!

We had a lovely  77 mile ride from Bowling Green, Ohio into Michigan this afternoon. Hard to believe we've crossed five state lines in as many days. I'm also happy to report that we have biked 1,022 miles! Strangely, that's a small dent in the mileage we'll have pedaled when this trip is all said and done, but for the moment, I'm enjoying this accomplishment.

Tonight, we are staying at the Camden United Methodist Church. We had a wonderful dinner provided by our gracious hosts! Filled to the brim! Tomorrow, we have another 92 mile day into South Bend, Indiana! I can't believe how much distance we're covering in so little time! Lately, all I've been thinking about is my arrival into Janesville!

I am pretty sure that the adrenaline rush I'll have will get me from Gray's Lake to Janesville in record-breaking time. I can't wait to see my parents, friends, roommates, and LJ!

Tomorrow, we have a 5am wake up time so I'm kind of risking a bad day tomorrow by staying up till 10 pm! Nolan Wildfire's uncle Jim and cousin Kim will be hosting us for a swim party and what is sure to be a fantastic time! I can't wait!

We have another Build Day on Tuesday in South Bend and I am excited to have another day off the bike and promoting affordable housing. We've been putting on our presentation about affordable housing a lot lately, and no matter how many times I see our video that we show, it provides me with an extra boost of energy for the next ride I take on.

Check out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUT_YmkH24

Okay, well beauty sleep (errrr...) is needed for this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment