Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 3 of 69

Today was our first build day. I'm hoping to upload pictures to my blog soon, but haven't had "Photos 101" yet, so I'm not sure how we'll all be doing it.

It was great to spend a day using our collective manpower to put up siding, build porches, and learn how to  use a power drill. It was really hot earlier today, so I'm wiped. We're having a cookout tonight made by beneficiaries of our labor from last year. It's really true that you get what you give. The generosity so far has been amazing. We've been learning about "Donation Magic" and how easy it is to get food and other necessities when you just ask. People are happy to help out, especially when they know that their generosity allows us to put more of the money we raise directly toward affordable housing.

Tomorrow is the day we've all been anticipating - the Atlantic tire dip! I am SO EXCITED! We're starting our day tomorrow with a 65 mile ride. I'm all sorts of antsy to get going. I'm a little nervous, as the Appalachian mountains are supposed to be a very, very, very difficult bump to get over.

I've named my bike Lu Ann. So glad that's taken care of.

Alright, must go eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment