Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy in Portsmouth!

Hi everyone!

Quick post to let everyone know I've been having the time of my life in Portsmouth, NH! Staying with relatives of the Ryan family (my ride out to Portsmouth - thanks Jim and Nigella!) and have been having a blast. We arrived on Wednesday afternoon after an 18 hour drive that was super fun.

Max and I biked 75 miles along the Atlantic coast up into Maine on Thursday. Beautiful! Max popped his tire, and I had to ride to a bike store a few miles down the road. But all ended well and it was good experience for the inevitable tire changes I'll encounter on the road. We biked to Kennebunkport (sp?) and had a delicious, albeit expensive lobster roll and got a taste of what biking in the rain feels like. Not as terrible as one (or, at least me) would imagine.

Yesterday, I spent the day in Boston with Kate (fellow NUS'er) and her brother, Ali Kolste (NUS alum), and her sister, Tori. We had a blast, but I was definitely hot! We ended the night with delicious seafood from Legal Seafood right on the water's edge with a friend of Kate's mom's. I thought I was going to explode post-dinner.

Alright, well must head to Swampscott to wish our friend Max a safe and happy trip as he departs from Boston early tomorrow morning! I can't believe this day is finally here!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Have Fun on you ride Sarah!!! I look forward to meet you and all your NUS Biker Friends during the cook out we are planning at our house!!! Let me know if there is anything special anyone requests - Take Care - Mark Terry (Kate's DAD)

    ReplyDelete