Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 67 of 69

I think this has been the best week of my life. It's crazy to think that my Bike & Build experience is officially ending this Friday! I'm currently enjoying my last night in the USA and look forward to entering Canada tomorrow morning.

I will put up pictures soon, because there is no way words can describe what I've biked through over the last few days. Simply, we have climbed 6 mountain passes in 5 days, spent two wonderful nights of camping in some of the most beautiful scenery the country has to offer, and had one heck of a day off in Sandpoint, Idaho where a group of us rented a boat, water skiied, and enjoyed each other's company.

During the 11 day stretch of biking, I thought I was ready to be done. But after this past week of some of the most incredible biking, I am wishing there was a way to slow down time. I've loved every second of this trip and have made friends that I know I will have for a lifetime. It is going to be the most bittersweet feeling seeing the Pacific Ocean.

Okay, too overcome with emotion to write anything more coherent. I will post pictures within the week, so check back even though my trip will be over! Thanks again to all who have donated to the affordable housing cause and made this lifechanging experience possible for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment